Winterizing your Misting System is a very easy and quick process, but you would be surprised how many Misting Pumps and Mist Systems we sell to replace ones that froze, even in South Florida. Even a one night freeze can damage your Misting Pump, bend or bust a Misting Line (even stainless steel mist line) or blow out all your Mist Fittings so that they are useless. This can be a costly problem that can be easily prevented if you take the following steps:
- Disconnect and drain your Mist Filter. These crack very easy if frozen.
- Drain all water out of your Misting Pump (bring both the misting pump and mist filter inside if you are in an area that freezes a lot).
- Disconnect your Mist Line from your pump and from the Misting Fan Rings on any Misting Fans (if used).
- Remove all Mist Nozzles and store inside.
- If you have access to an air compressor, blow out the Mist Line. If not, then make sure to winterize well before your first freeze so any water left in the mist line can have time to evaporate.
If you take the time to do the above, you will eliminate the need for costly repairs next spring & your Mist System will be ready to go to keep you cool for another long, hot summer.
We hope you all have a safe, fun & happy winter season & a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year and as always…. STAY COOL!
From your friends at Mist Specialties